DETROIT — Think about it ...
Year after year, we go along with the January
ritual of making resolutions. Then just months, or weeks, later, we break
the promises that we made to ourselves. Then we get stuck in the guilt of
broken resolutions, and we stand still.
Want to lose weight and live healthier? Try keeping it simple in 2015:
Commit to small changes and put yourself on the path to big results.
This vision board contains a list of 50 simple resolutions that will help
you ease down the road to better health. Each statement is specific and doable.
Start off by picking two tasks, then, as you make progress, add a few more.
Hold yourself accountable, but don't forget to enjoy the process.
1. I will purge my kitchen of holiday leftovers, including candy.
2. I will sit less.
3. I will eat at least one piece of fruit every day.
4. I will learn to make smoothies.
5. I will treat myself to a therapeutic massage.
6. I will learn how to use fresh ginger in my cooking for healthy
7. I will read a long book.
8. I will avoid eating after 8 p.m.
9. I will volunteer for a good cause.
10. I will eat some type of vegetable daily.
11. I will memorize my cholesterol and blood pressure numbers.
12. I will grow a vegetable this summer.
13. I will try at least one new recipe each month.
14. I will not eat white breads, white pasta and white rice.
15. I will eat breakfast every day.
16. I will take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
17. I will not eat from a vending machine.
18. I will listen to live music and dance like no one is watching.
19. I will eat only in the kitchen or dining room, not in front of the
20. I will try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
21. I will spend at least four hours a week outdoors, no matter what
22. I will get myself a better sleep pillow.
23. I will eat my food slower, and chew longer.
24. I will take a multivitamin daily.
25. I will complete a fitness program.
26. I will attend an interesting conference.
27. I will laugh more.
28. I will take the time to soak in Epsom salt and light some
29. I will drive slower.
30. I will take a yoga class.
31. I will use more herbs in my food.
32. I will pack my lunch.
33. I will take a trip (get a stamp on my passport).
34. I will exercise at least 30-60 minutes, 4 days a week.
35. I will learn to meditate.
36. I will get an annual health checkup.
37. I will smell my food.
38. I will make my own granola.
39. I will take more naps.
40. I will read or speak positive sentences.
41. I will stretch my body when I wake up.
42. I will do something special for someone, without looking for
anything in return.
43. I will split a meal or share an appetizer when dining out.
44. I will let one bad habit go. Smoking?
45. I will keep a fruit basket instead of a candy basket at my desk at
46. I will buy myself a cute exercise outfit.
47. I will download a health/exercise app to help me stay on track
with my goals.
48. I will avoid buffets.
49. I will not quit.
50. I will have a "No Mess"